District 2 Speakers Bureau
Do You Need A Speaker For Your Meeting or Event?
Toastmasters clubs seeking a guest speaker make a request to the Speakers Bureau Coordinator. The speaking opportunity is emailed to the list of experienced Toastmasters.
NEED A GUEST SPEAKER FOR YOUR NON-TOASTMASTER EVENT?
Whether it is a lecture, keynote address, facilitated business meeting, or a presentation, let the District 2 Toastmasters Speakers Bureau help you find a dynamic speaker for your upcoming event.
Is your organization, business, community agency or group looking for an accomplished speaker who will present on the benefits of Toastmasters? Or a specialty Toastmaster Speaker for a Keynote presentation on a specific topic such as:
- Club Officer Ed Sessions
- Master of Ceremonies
- Breakout sessions facilitators
- Motivational or inspirational presentations
- Pathways Presentations
- Leadership Skill
Need a guest speaker for your Toastmasters club?
To submit a request for a guest speaker, provide the following information to the Speakers Bureau Coordinator, Angela Barrus, DTM.
- Club name, a firm date and time, and address of the speaking opportunity
- Preferred speech topic and maximum presentation length(s)
- Information about the occasion, if different than a typical meeting (ex: an open house)
- Name and email address of the contact person for the club
- Date by which the club needs confirmation
- Whether the club is recruiting speakers on their own
- Level of experience of the requested speaker
The Speakers Bureau Coordinator will respond to your request within 48 hours.
Looking for more speaking opportunities?
Sign up for the Speakers Bureau! Any District 2 Toastmaster may join. Members should be willing to receive emails from the coordinator, speak outside their home club, and be ambassadors of good will. In return, they can expect to receive an encouraging speech evaluation (written, oral, or both), as well as manual credit if appropriate.
To volunteer, please provide the following information to the Speakers Bureau Coordinator:
- Home club and Area
- Preferred email
- Contact Phone number
- The geographical area able to travel to by city, region or division
- The days and times available to speak (generally)
- The types of speeches interested in delivering and any topics of expertise
- Other roles willing to consider (evaluator, Toastmaster, etc.)
- Toastmasters’ Legacy or Pathways designations (CC, ACB, etc.)