Youth Programs / Gavel Clubs
Toastmasters Youth Programs/Gavel Clubs
Through Toastmasters Youth
Programs and Gavel Clubs, participants learn to:
- Overcome nervousness when speaking before an audience.
- Organize and present ideas logically and convincingly.
- Listen carefully to others’ ideas.
- Participate in and lead group discussion or meetings.
- Offer advice to help others improve their speaking and leadership skills.
Gavel clubs are perpetual clubs. Meetings are held weekly, and the club operates in the same way adult Toastmasters clubs do. Members perform the same roles, and use the same manuals (CC & CL). Participants increase their self-confidence as they become better speakers and leaders.
Requirements to start a
- Toastmaster in good standing
- Have completed at least 6 speeches
- Have a sponsoring organization
Youth Leadership Program (YLP)
This is an 8-wk program, which enables participants to develop their speaking and leadership potential through practical experience. The YLP must be presented by a Toastmaster in good standing, following the guidelines in the Youth Leadership Coordinator’s Guide Youth-Leadership-Coordinators-Guide.
Interpersonal Communication Program (ICP)
This program is similar to the Youth Leadership program, but is designed to be run by Non-Toastmasters.
Right now, there are these clubs in District 2:
Rising Speakers Gavel Club
- Ages: 12 – 17
- Meeting time: Meets every Thursday 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm.
- Location: Online
- Contact Name: Enzhou Wang
Bothell Gavel Club of Future Leaders
- Meeting time: Meets every Saturday 9 :00 am – 10:30 am at Sikh Centre of Seattle 20412 Bothell Everett Highway
- Location: Bothell, WA 98012
- Contact Names: Khiem Pham
- Contact Names: Vivek Garg
SpeaKABOOM Gavel Club
- Ages 10-17
- Meeting time: Meets every other Thursday 7:00 pm- 8:30 pm
- Location: Virtual on Zoom
- Website SpeaKABOOM Gavel Club https://www.speakfeedlead.org/speakaboom-club.html
- Contact Name: Jackie Bailey
Voice Masters Gavel Club
- Ages: 10 – 17
- Meeting Time: Meets every Friday(6:00 pm – 7:30 pm)
- Contact Names: Wayne Dutton
- Contact Names: Trang Le
Gurukul Toastmasters Gavel Club (Restricted to Gurukul students)
- Ages: 11 – 17
- Meeting time: Meets online every Sunday, 11:00 am to 12 pm
- Location: Online
- Contact Name: Archana Verma